Monday

My visit to Solwezi, North Western Zambia

Solwezi is the capital of North Western Province. It has the population of over 60,000 people mostly of the Lunda and the Luvale speaking people. Solwezi was once a sleeping little town with nothing much to see, no attractions whatsoever, but the recent development has put the town in motion. The reopening of Kansanshi Mine and the opening of the Lumwana Mine which is owned by First Quantum Minerals has attracted lots of people including myself. 

I personally visited Solwezi back in 2011 for the same reason many of you visited; to see if there were any investment opportunities, i was living in Malawi then and investing in my country was really something i wanted to do. There was nothing much to see then but you could spot lots of buildings being put up, the town as coming around.
At the Mutunda Falls
There isn't much to see in the region in terms of tourism but i was glad to come across Mutunda Falls, its not a massive waterfall but it is very quite and very refreshing, i liked it. I plan to visit again, hopefully soon. 

WHERE I STAYED; The Royal Solwezi.
I stayed at the Royal Solwezi, the picture above. Its really a five star hotel and the service was amazing. I realised that i only have one good picture that i kept, its been a while but i have the best memories. The royal Solwezi is situated on the old Chingola road about 10km from the First Quantum´s Kansanshi Mine and about 15min from the airport. I would say that this is the best and high standard hotel in the region. For more details about the hotel, click HERE
At the Royal Solwezi

1 comment:

  1. It's my first time so I to need to see how it is and believe for my self

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...